Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The age of reason

Feeling quite strongly about the tragedy of little Bianca Leduc who's life was tragically snuffed away recently in a senseless car crash, I've been surfing the web to see what kind of debate the incident has stirred in the community.

It allowed me to discover a few very interesting sites and discussions:

Gigababy feels strongly about all these tragic car crashes we hear about all the time and has been commendably involved in making a difference for quite some time. Her blog offers a plethora of good articles on the subject.

I also found myself face to face with dantallion’s can[n]on where its author, Dan, I believe expressed an interesting point of view on responsability that sparked quite a heated debate in the comments. Dan was bringing forward the argument that some research indicates the portion of the brain involved in fully comprehending the potential consequences of wreckless driving is not quite fully developped in the brain untill the age of 25. I felt compelled to voice my opinion in the comments and I find the debate interesting enough to publish a soon to be released article on the matter. Look for it soon on this blog under "The car n age of reason".

My cyber stroll also allowed me to stumble into a very interesting blog by Dr Gilbert on his Stumbling into happiness. The discovery was made thanks to Redjenny who referenced it in an interesting article on her blog where she was mentionning that "Research shows that while people think of their own actions as the consequences of what came before, they think of other people’s actions as the causes of what came later." Her blog is a commentary on news, humour, art and politics from a distinctly progressive viewpoint. Once again a subject that is definitely worth an article on the Miles Initiative.

Stay tuned folks, the articles are coming shortly :-)

Best,

John S Miles

1 comment:

dantallion said...

Hi John - Thanks for stopping in and for the comments. I look forward to your articles on the subject.